Monday, December 9, 2013

Lesson #12: We are made of stars...

It has already been a year since Sophia left this life for the next. I always feel her absence like a large numbing loss but today I feel it sharply and it cuts deep. It leaves me silent and chaotic within. She was my little sister, my comic relief, my weed supplier, my hunter, my person to hug, my co-god parent x2, my inspiration, my good deeds helper, my music encyclopaedia, and my hero. I wish death had not marked us so soon, because it comes with the sudden realisation that this loss is forever. Sophia's infectious sense of humour and light touched so many people. It's a beautiful thing to see and feel. Today I celebrate that we had 29years, 1month, 2days, 7hrs and 15min with a soul not to be forgotten. I read somewhere recently that we are all made up of 90% stardust. So I wrote this poem for her. One of Sophia's biggest fears before she left was that we would forget her. "Don't let them forget me," She whispered. That my darling little sister, is a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment